Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Walking Funny


Happy New Year All!!
I've now had 2 sessions with my new personal trainer, and a couple of things have become clear

1) I really hate the damn mirror in the work out room. I knew I didn't like it; I always hide somewhere near the middle of the room and way off to one side for my classes so I wont see myself...


but I didn't think I'd HATE IT WITH ALL THE HATE I CAN HATE WITH.

My trainer makes me do the stuff he shows me RIGHT in front of the dang thing, and then if he catches me looking down at the floor or around the room he doesn't let me get away with it.

There is NO convincing yourself that you look any different than reality when the mirror is right there.

And I hate it.


2) I am not quite the ninja bad ass (to quote SP buddy THELILEA) that I thought I was. He is kicking my BUTT with some seemingly very simple stuff. My quads have literally been sore and stiff and non-cooperative since my last work out SATURDAY MORNING. I've hot tubbed, I've swam, I've rested, I've turbo-jammed, I've stretched, I've eaten lots of potassium and calcium, you name it, but I'm still walking funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment