Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Do and Feel and Be Better

I've seen a lot of blogs and message board posts all the time, but especially over the last couple days where people say they're "starting over" or "back again" or "on the bandwagon," whatever. If there's a phrase or metaphor for it they're doing it.

I've done it myself plenty of times.

I was thinking just last night, during turbo, that after all of this hard work I'm back to my initial starting weight the first time I used SP in 2008, and how somehow that makes the weight loss from here on in count more, but not as much as it will when I reach my previous lowest weight with SP, and how it REALLY counts when I get down to a size 7 because I've never been smaller than that ever.

But you know what, that's STUPID.

I've also read and told myself probably 5983 times that it's not starting over because I didn't lose any of the knowledge I gained, blah blah blah, you all know the drill. And don't get me wrong, that's true.

But I have a new strategy!!!!

You know what I see somewhere in every post about 'starting over'?
Hope.
Determination.
Frustration.
Taking responsibility for our actions.
Goal setting.
An attempt at an attitude adjustment.
A deep felt desire to do and feel and be better.

So I'm proclaiming today that I am STARTING AGAIN.
And then I'm gong to do it again later this afternoon.
And when it's time for bed.
And when I get up tomorrow.
And maybe even again when I'm brushing my teeth or blow drying my hair.

I don't want to be stagnant.

I don't want to lsoe this positive feeling I've been riding or get so used to it I don't appreciate it or get too comfortable and find myself slipping.

Every minute of every day is a chance to 'start again'.

I think I'll do it again right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment